Join our classic whale watching tours from the charming village of Árskógssandur, only a 30-minute drive from Akureyri, Iceland.
Step aboard our traditional oak boat and enjoy sailing in the calm seas of Eyjafjörður. This tour gives you the unique opportunity to encounter the great wildlife of North Iceland, including whales and seabirds – all under the guidance of our most qualified crew.
Humpback whales of Eyjafjörður
Playful humpbacks have found their summer dwelling in Eyjafjörður and are often seen on our tours. In fact, in 2023, we have been lucky with overall sightings of 100% humpback whales, so the chances of seeing whales during the tours are in your favour. Other regular visitors are minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
Warm overalls and refreshments for everyone
We offer warm overalls during the trip, and you can enjoy a steaming cup of hot cocoa and freshly baked cinnamon buns on the way home – while listening to your guide tell you more about the magnificent creatures and share stories from the fjord.
Your North Sailing boarding card grants you the following discounts in Árskógssandur:
- 10% discount on admission and beer soaps at the Beer Baths in Árskógssandur.
- 10% discount on the food menu at Restaurant Mýri at the Beer Baths. Please show your boarding card when ordering.
- 10% discount on beers at Kaldi Brewery in Árskógssandur.
You will also get the following discounts in Hjalteyri and Húsavík:
- 10% discount to Eyri Restaurant in Hjalteyri
- 20% discount to The Húsavík Whale Museum
- 10% discount to Gamli Baukur Restaurant in Húsavík
- 10% discount to Geosea in Húsavík
11.990 ISK Adults
6.000 ISK 7-15 years
FREE Under 7 years
(All prices include 11% VAT)